Observation lesson:Something similar with China

2024.03.06  students 23 presented, first grade.



   






Interesting Observations

While observing the lesson, I noticed some interesting similarities to English classes in China. In both settings, teachers often use the native language to translate what they have just said in English. This bilingual approach helps ensure that all students understand the material, but it also raises an interesting question: What if I used only English in this class? Since I don’t speak Polish, my only options are English or perhaps some gestures and hand signs.

Reflection

Would it be effective to conduct the entire class in English, especially for simple words and sentences? This is a question worth exploring. On one hand, using only English could immerse the students more fully in the language, potentially accelerating their learning. On the other hand, the complete lack of translation might lead to confusion and hinder their understanding.

This observation gave me much to think about. I plan to discuss these thoughts with my peers and professors to gain further insights. It’s an intriguing challenge to balance language exposure and comprehension, and I look forward to experimenting with different methods in the coming weeks.

Overall, today was a productive day. Meeting my mentor, who provided valuable insights and guidance, has boosted my confidence. With her support, I’m eager to find effective ways to engage and teach these young learners, despite the language barrier.

English lesson: Adjective vocabularies(new/old, fast/ slow.......)

Teaching materials: PPT for cause book pages, exercise test book.

Language: Polish/English 

Class duration: 45mins

1、Pre- Teaching

    Using questions to lead in. (in Polish)

2、Presenting

    Introduce the new vocabularies.

    Reading 

3、Control practice 

    Ask students questions about the new words to check if the students master and understand the new content or not.

4、Freer practice 

    Describing the words by using some new sentences.

    etc: what can you see in the pictures?

          I can see........

5、Reinforcement practice

    Using test books to check and reinforce the knowledge children have learned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Reflection on Lesson 4 video