First Day at My Internship School






Today marked my first day at my internship school, a public elementary school. I was assigned to a first-grade class with 26 students, most of them are Polish. Given that they only have two hours of English lessons per week, their English proficiency is quite basic. This initially made me anxious to think about how to communicate with them and even worry about how can I give them a lesson.


However, meeting my mentor was an encouraging experience. She is a wonderful teacher, always greeting me with a warm smile. She introduced me to the school environment and provided detailed insights into the students' backgrounds. She pointed out which students are good at English, who are more lively, who are quieter, and who tend to be a bit more naughty. With her support and guidance, I gained a bit more confidence in my ability to manage and teach the class.


I am looking forward to learning and growing alongside these young students, and I hope to find effective ways to engage and communicate with them despite the language barrier. With the help of my mentor, I believe I can make a positive impact on their learning journey.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Reflection on Lesson 4 video